21 March 2007

The Dress

I did it, I chose the dress. We chose the first reception hall we saw and the first photographer we met. Well, this is no different - the dress is based on the first dress that I ever fell in love with. That's all that I will say.

The process in finding the perfect dress was long and ardous. I went to nine salons and tried on about 80 to 90 dresses! (See my next post - reviews of the salons) I know it seems a lot, but at each outing I went on - I got better and better at finding the type of dresses or elements of dresses that worked best for my body type.

Trying on dresses can be overwhelming and after trying on many dresses - it's hard to remember one from the other. I couldn't have done it without my matron of honor, my ever patient sister. She got me in the dresses, took detailed notes, and provided great insight and advice. After visiting the nine salons I narrowed down the dresses to four finalists and then brought in my mom to help me with the decision. In the end, we all agreed on the dress. I'm very excited and happy with my choice.

Now, I just have to find all the accessories, shoes, etc...

No comments: